Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Took the tops off the Amal Carbs

Well, my wife was taking my son to put him in the bathtub so I figured it was time for a mad dash to the garage to see if I could get those carbs working better.

I started by taking the 2 screws off the top of them Amal 930 on the driver side. The spring and cable assembly came out like it should and I gave the inner part a push down and away it went.. Lots of carb cleaner later it is moving like it should@!

So I repeat on the passenger side carb and viola! Both are sliding and closing properly. Not sure if the fuel will be metered properly but that is definitely a start!

I did notice a funny shaped U clip that holds the metering needle and it appeared to have a crack in it. I didnt mess with it but left it where it was and figured to make a mental note (and internet note) so if the drivers carb stops working I might have a reason why.

20 minute bath time is over for my 2 year old so time to jet!

No comments:

Post a Comment