Sunday, November 22, 2009

It lives!!!

Today was a big day in progress. I woke up this morning and got my son ready for church to go with my parents and off to the garage I went. After about 20 minutes both carbs were installed. It took some work to get fuel lines put back on and everything ready to start. I took her outside again and started my sequence. I first held down ticklers till I got the stinky finger on each side (due to I was cheap and didnt buy the *non stinky* kit for the carbs. I just want to note that I didnt even replace the spark plugs. I pulled them and cleaned them, then reset them to factory specifications. I kicked the bike over about 6 or 7 times and she still didnt seem like she was going to hit. I got some handy dandy starting fluid and gave her a small drink in each carb. The very next kick was when the life came back to "Lucky". She fired up and roared to life. The bike stablized at about 4000 rpm's. I definitely have some adjusting to do with the newly redone carbs. But I let it run for about 20 minutes so I do know the timing is good and it seems voltage and everything else is good. I didnt try to ride her yet but thats not far down the path now. One thing I might mention is she was leaking oil like crazy. There has been a small spot developing under her in the garage but today when she started it began dripping faster and faster until it was a full fledged gush of oil. It leads me to think the return line to the oil bag might be off or clogged or even have a hole in it. Anyway, enough talk, here is the video of her running. More updates to come soon!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment