Friday, November 20, 2009

RH carb fully cleaned and all sanding done!

Well, tonight the JB Weld has set up quite well and I used it to clog a hole I found (mentioned last night). I also used it to plug up the choke hole on the cable assembly that goes in the top of the carb. Tonight consisted of some sore fingers. The RH carb was not as well rounded inside the bore as the LH carb was. I used 400 grit sandpaper and wrapped my index and middle finger with paper then began to smooth out the inside of the carb. After I determined the inside was as smooth as a babies ass I went on to the slide. I sanded for about an hour to an hour and half but stopping every 20 or so strokes to see how the slide action was working inside the carb. Much like the other carb I only took enough metal off so that the spring could overcome the friction of the slide. I really am nervous about the throttle sticking so I am taking the extra time to test everything about the throttle and do not want to get caught off guard while riding "Lucky"... Yup... I finally came up with the name of the build... I am going to call her "Lucky". Havent decided if I am going to look for images from WWII with the "Lucky" girls or if I will use 4 leaf clovers. But since green is my favorite color the bike will end up with green fender and green tank more than likely. Today feels like a big accomplishment. I will try to get the rebuild kit in the RH carb tomorrow and I should be ready to install and try to start again soon!

peace!
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment